Catch up with what was shared at our Kings Family Night on Sunday 26th January 2020. Key news, vision and updates for all who call Kings their home.
Our prayer rooms reopen 9th January 2020!
To celebrate and kick start 2020, we’ll be having evenings of worship and prayer every night at the Kings Centre. Join us as we gather together to encounter God and commit all that we’re doing to him. Every evening, Thursday 9th to Tuesday 21st January, 8pm, Kings Centre.
At Hampden Park
Our brand new prayer room is opening at the Kings Centre in January and will be available 24 hours a day. Purpose built for accessibility and round-the-clock access, the room offers a permanent place of prayer at Kings.
At Centro our newly refurbished prayer room is reopening at Centro Lounge and is also available to book right around the clock.
A few important notes
- There are hundreds of prayer slots available. Simply sign up for as many as you like through ChurchSuite (see below). You can sign up yourself, as a married couple, your family, or as a group (but we will require one email address for confirmation).
- During the daytime (8am-6pm) we are happy for you to pray on your own (or with others).
- During the evening/overnight (6pm-8am), we ask you to be with at least one other person you know and trust.
- If praying with others please don’t put yourself into a difficult situation or any circumstances that might conflict with your integrity.
- Full instructions on how to access the building and the room will be sent via a confirmation email (two emails will be sent – one confirming the booking and the second as a reminder the day before).
- If things change and you can’t make it for whatever reason, that’s fine. It’s easy to rearrange. Please let us know so we can reallocate your hour (see the confirmation email for details).
- and yes. There are toilet facilities 24-7 🙂
For improved security we’ve placed the sign-up links inside ChurchSuite. You wil find links to both the Kings Centre and Centro Lounge prayer rooms listed in your ChurchSuite menu (see the picture below). Feel free to bookmark these links in your browser but please don’t share them online.
If you need a ChurchSuite account or are having problems with your login, email us at email@example.com
The full recording from our Kings Family Night where the elders shared the future things God is calling us to in Eastbourne and Seaford, and how we have landed at some of these decisions together.
Here are the five key statements made:
1. Graham and Belinda will be connecting the Kings Church Family with God’s global mission. Having extended periods of time both home and away, ensuring there’s a strong link between the two.
2. We will be actively raising up the next generation of leaders and elders across the church. This has already been happening in each of the venues over the past few years but will now accelerate
3.As we transition into this new phase, Oli is taking on responsibility for Hampden Park (a role he has already been fulfilling the last six months), with Andy continuing to oversee Centro. Dave Holden will be working with the Elders as they look to determine future leadership of Kings.
4. We are now in the process of releasing Seaford to become a standalone church (but remaining part of the family). We will be supporting Jez, Amy and the team in working this all out.
5. Graham and Belinda are staying in Eastbourne, working on Global Mission from this base. They will continue to be an active part of the church, helping shape the eldership and leadership at Kings over this transitionary period. Belinda will continue to oversee developments in discipleship, integration and pastoral care. They will both be involved in the raising up of new elders and leaders and shaping the future leadership structure at Kings.
A quick update on the development of the live stream, and some of the heart and vision behind it.
Our Summer series ‘The Good Life’ kicks off this Sunday (28th July), 10am at the Kings Centre. A four week family series based on the book of Proverbs, we’ll be heading back to class in ‘The School Of Wisdom’. Lots of fun, music, videos and treats! Our meeting will be just over an hour long and great for kids of any age (even big kids!).
Get a sneak peak at the timetable here. Don’t forget this is one joint meeting, replacing the 9 & 11am at our Hampden Park venue.
Our Centro venue is also having a one hour family friendly service based on the parables of Jesus. 10am at the Hippodrome Theatre.
We had so much fun at Ashburnham 2017! Book in now for 2019 — the next price break is coming up on 31 March: www.newgroundchurches.org/ashburnham/
Due to new GDPR regulations, a third of Kings Church could be deleted from our system! Find out how you can make sure that isn’t you!
P.S. it’s really easy 🙂
If you’ve never been to a silent disco you should! The kids had great fun at our alternative Halloween event. Here are a few shots to enjoy.
Come inside our prayer room and see what it’s like! An amazing space, everything is geared up to help fuel and engage prayer. Sign up online at www.kings.church/prayer