Catch up with what was shared at our Kings Family Night on Sunday 26th January 2020. Key news, vision and updates for all who call Kings their home.
Mads tells the story of how she was healed from Coeliac Disease — an autoimmune condition to which there is no cure.
Our prayer rooms reopen 9th January 2020!
To celebrate and kick start 2020, we’ll be having evenings of worship and prayer every night at the Kings Centre. Join us as we gather together to encounter God and commit all that we’re doing to him. Every evening, Thursday 9th to Tuesday 21st January, 8pm, Kings Centre.
At Hampden Park
Our brand new prayer room is opening at the Kings Centre in January and will be available 24 hours a day. Purpose built for accessibility and round-the-clock access, the room offers a permanent place of prayer at Kings.
At Centro our newly refurbished prayer room is reopening at Centro Lounge and is also available to book right around the clock.
A few important notes
- There are hundreds of prayer slots available. Simply sign up for as many as you like through ChurchSuite (see below). You can sign up yourself, as a married couple, your family, or as a group (but we will require one email address for confirmation).
- During the daytime (8am-6pm) we are happy for you to pray on your own (or with others).
- During the evening/overnight (6pm-8am), we ask you to be with at least one other person you know and trust.
- If praying with others please don’t put yourself into a difficult situation or any circumstances that might conflict with your integrity.
- Full instructions on how to access the building and the room will be sent via a confirmation email (two emails will be sent – one confirming the booking and the second as a reminder the day before).
- If things change and you can’t make it for whatever reason, that’s fine. It’s easy to rearrange. Please let us know so we can reallocate your hour (see the confirmation email for details).
- and yes. There are toilet facilities 24-7 🙂
For improved security we’ve placed the sign-up links inside ChurchSuite. You wil find links to both the Kings Centre and Centro Lounge prayer rooms listed in your ChurchSuite menu (see the picture below). Feel free to bookmark these links in your browser but please don’t share them online.
If you need a ChurchSuite account or are having problems with your login, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Three people got baptised last Sunday at Kings, and here you can see the video of Jodie and Aliesha at our Hampden Park venue.
A story of provision and grace.
Share this video
The full recording from our Kings Family Night where the elders shared the future things God is calling us to in Eastbourne and Seaford, and how we have landed at some of these decisions together.
Here are the five key statements made:
1. Graham and Belinda will be connecting the Kings Church Family with God’s global mission. Having extended periods of time both home and away, ensuring there’s a strong link between the two.
2. We will be actively raising up the next generation of leaders and elders across the church. This has already been happening in each of the venues over the past few years but will now accelerate
3.As we transition into this new phase, Oli is taking on responsibility for Hampden Park (a role he has already been fulfilling the last six months), with Andy continuing to oversee Centro. Dave Holden will be working with the Elders as they look to determine future leadership of Kings.
4. We are now in the process of releasing Seaford to become a standalone church (but remaining part of the family). We will be supporting Jez, Amy and the team in working this all out.
5. Graham and Belinda are staying in Eastbourne, working on Global Mission from this base. They will continue to be an active part of the church, helping shape the eldership and leadership at Kings over this transitionary period. Belinda will continue to oversee developments in discipleship, integration and pastoral care. They will both be involved in the raising up of new elders and leaders and shaping the future leadership structure at Kings.
If you’ve never been on Alpha it’s a fantastic place for anyone to explore the Christian faith. It’s relaxed, low key, friendly and fun. No question is too simple, or too honest. And there’s free food!
You can sign up at www.kings.church/alpha
Join us for one evening — if it’s not for you, there’s no pressure to continue. But if you do, you might just make some excellent friends along the way…
Share this video
A quick update on the development of the live stream, and some of the heart and vision behind it.
“My friend asking me to church was potentially the most significant question anyone’s ever asked me”
Martin was one of the first teenagers to become a Christian at Kings. With no church background, Martin simply came off the back of an invite from a friend. During worship a lady collapsed on the floor and her leg was healed right in front of him. When Lex (the pastor) asked if anyone wanted to find out more about Jesus, Martin put his hand right up — to his friend’s amazement.
Fast forward thirty years and you realise what a pivotal moment that simple invite from a friend was. Not just for Martin, but for his wife and children that followed. Amazing to see God at work!
Share this video